Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Grid Art

   The most recent assignment for Art and Technology class was to use a pre-existing grid and reproduce and image using any material that could represent the units of the image. After having a hard time finding a pre-existing grid and getting a little help from my mother (who sent me the materials I needed for the units) I created my own grid art. It is a 64 x 79 grid and I utilized more that a 1,000 push-pins. I used a yoga matt that I bought in the Bookstore as my grid and color push-pins as my units. It may not be visible at first, but the yoga matt is composed of very small squares. In order for the pins to take up a whole unit, I decided to make four of those squares (2x2) into a single unit. So it can be easier to identify, I used a red marker to highlight the units composed of the four squares. As for pins, I remembered that my house in Puerto Rico is near an Office Max and asked my mother to send me a good amount of them. There are five colors: green, blue, magenta, purple and white. There are also square ones in black and white (present form my mom). After I created my own virtual grid using excel, I used it as a reference to create the real thing. The image I used was one of a peacock I found in Google Images. IT DOESN'T BELONG TO ME. The real creator has all the credit. 

Original Image
 BELONGS TO ITS ORIGINAL CREATOR.



Beginning it.



Halfway there.


Finished!

Hope you're having a good weekend!

Sincerely,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment