Tuesday, August 28, 2012

About Me


    Hi everyone! 

    Mi name is Michelle Torrech Pérez, and I would like to welcome you all to my blog  "Soon-To-Be Art Therapist - Michelle"! (Lame title, right?) 

    Being from Caguas, Puerto Rico, my native language is Spanish. (I apologize for any grammatical error that I make in any of my posts.) I love art, especially drawing and painting. I've drawn since I was very little, and I get so caught up in it that sometimes I don't feel what's going on around me. Soccer is my favorite sport, and I've played it since I was about 6 years old(and still play it today). I'm a very outdoors person, who enjoys sports, nature, fresh air and breeze, and the warm sun. I like to read, to get to know people deeply, to be open to other cultures and religions.  In addition to dealing with animals, except spiders and bees, I also have a passion for children of any age. I have something that attracts their attention, and I also like to listen. This combination makes me good with kids, and I enjoy listening to them, immersing myself in their limitless imagination and creativity. I've also developed an increasing interest in Psychology: how powerful, yet fragile the mind is, how colors directly affect our feelings, how different personalities are shaped, how the unconscious control and leak out into our conscious, how the environment influences our opinions, our perception, our behavior... just fascinating. Well, I like many thing, but these are my top favorites. 

     As you may already know, thanks to the tittle, I am majoring in Art Therapy at UT. If I have to say a reason for choosing to major in Art Therapy, then I would say because I find it perfect for me. As I mentioned before, I love art and psychology. Art Therapy is like a combination of art and psychology. Also, I adore kids and find Art Therapy perfect for helping children that are going through difficult times and/or situations. 
So in other words, I want to be an Art Therapist that specializes in children, but will also give therapy to teens, adults and seniors.

     Feel free to comment on anything!
    I gladly accept constructive criticism (in grammar, ideas, opinions, etc), but please remember: BE RESPECTFUL AT IT. :)

Thank you,

Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment